Fluorescence spectrometer with increased sensitivity
The FLS980 spectrometer is ideal for steady state and phosphorescence measurements.
The FLS980 is a fully automated modular spectrometer for use in both fundamental research and routine laboratory applications.
The system can be used for applications in photophysics, photochemistry, biophysics, biochemistry and semiconductor physics.
- Enhanced optics with high stray light rejection monochromators. This provides a 3-fold increase in monochromator options, and computer-controlled filter wheels for higher order removal to allow accurate measurement of spectra without higher order distortion.
- Instrument sensitivity is doubled compared to the FLS920, with a S/N of 12000:1 measured on the Raman spectrum of distilled water using single monochromators. This allows measurements of even lower sample concentrations and the use of smaller sample volumes.
- Instrument modularity is reflected in a large sample chamber with 6-axis access to the sample and an improved ‘plug and play’ system of sample holders. A wide choice of sample holders allows easy configuration of the instrument for specific applications.
- With an extensive range of laser light sources, flashlamps and detectors available for the FLS980, spectral measurements can be made from 200nm to 5µm and with time resolution from a few picoseconds through to seconds.
- A single, ultrafast data acquisition module accommodates any combination of light sources and detectors and provides easy set up and operation for Time Correlated Single Photon Counting (TCSPC), Multi-channel scaling (MCS) and spectral scanning alike.
In addition a new, fully integrated software package provides hardware control, performance monitoring, data acquisition, data analysis and data manipulation for all measurement modes. Full software set up and reconfiguration of sample holder options is provided.
With advanced correction, measurement and analysis facilities, experiments can be readily designed from the PC. USB connectivity between the spectrometer and the PC brings fast data processing, module control and operation. Live profiles can be observed on screen as they are acquired before data manipulation and analysis.