SIR3 camera for resolution balistic imaging
The SIR3 provides displacement and velocity data for ballistic, detonics and impact studies.
The SIR3 captures ultra-high resolution images and has the ability to simultaneously acquire two separate full resolution images.
According to Specialised Imaging, this feature provides valuable displacement and velocity data for ballistic, detonics and impact studies.
Using the input from two separate sensors, the SIR3 SureShot real-time hardware enables reliable image capture of unpredictable high-speed objectsp.
This advance in trigger reliability also enables researchers to narrow the field of view of the camera, thereby further increasing the achievable resolution of results.
The SIR3 camera is smaller and lighter but maintains the high performance and robustness of its popular predecessor, the SIR2. It features an optical viewfinder to ease image focus and framing while maintaining the possibility of electronic focusing using an external TFT monitor and simplified focus button.
Features and benefits include:
- A rugged Nikon F-mount, included as standard on the SIR3, incorporates a manual aperture adjuster allowing modern lenses without manual aperture control, to be used.
- The camera control software is the same as for the SIR2, which makes migration for the end user much easier.
- All imaging functions can be controlled over standard 1Gb/s Ethernet enabling the SIR3 to be easily integrated into almost any imaging environment.
- Comprehensive operational software provides control of imaging parameters and extensive measurement tools to analyse results.
- Image archiving in a wide range of industry standard file formats is supported. For situations where more complex measurements are required, several cameras can be operated from a single control computer with timings for all cameras linked to the same control screen.
- The rigid all-metal IP54 compliant construction of the SIR3 camera makes it suited to withstand even harsh industrial and defence research environments.
Specialised Imaging (SI) offers high quality servicing and repair of high speed framing and still cameras.
Kirana combines the flexibility of video with the resolution of an ultra high-speed framing camera.
A 3D pitch, yaw and velocity solution was developed using the SIM Cerberus system for the study of projectile ballistics.
The Tring-based group has updated its SIM ultra fast framing camera to measure the temperature at different points in a high-speed event
High Speed Camera for University Research...